Division Three (Grades 7 – 9)
Junior High students at Meadowlark Christian School actively maintain and grow our school culture of learning, living, leading and loving, they are its drivers. By integrating scriptural and spiritual principles into the delivery of the Alberta Programs of Study, teachers nurture students’ knowledge, skills, attitudes and faith as they approach a world that is opening before them.
Our staff recognize the uniqueness of each student and that learning occurs at different rates. We work to understand each student to support their individual needs as they grow into capable contributors to our school community.
Teachers, support staff and parents work as a team to:
- Emphasize literacy and numeracy by using research-based instructional strategies to continue mastery of basic skills and support a deep understanding of foundational prerequisite concepts needed for success in high school and beyond.
- Provide scheduled time for teachers to help students during intervention sessions.
- Support individualize instruction as needed to ensure high levels of learning for all students.
- Offer a continuation of Spanish as a Second Language to all students.
- Offer a variety of complementary “option” courses such as Robotics, Environmental outdoor education, Real Christianity and Worship Team.
- Support outreach opportunities at a community level in our neighbourhood as well as internationally with the annual grade nine mission trip.
- Uphold daily class devotions, scripture memory work and weekly chapels.
- Provide competitive extracurricular school sports teams.
As a caring community committed to excellence, we value the partnership between home and school. Communication is facilitated through:
- Emails, phone calls and student agendas
- Information posted to EPSB’s secure portal, SchoolZone
- Messages from the MCS Foundation on this website
- Parent-teacher meetings, scheduled or drop-in if available