Divison One (Grades 1 – 3)
For students just embarking on their educational journeys, Meadowlark Christian School provides a warm, welcoming introduction to the classroom by creating a safe and caring atmosphere. It is a wonderful place to begin a school career.
In Division One learning is joy-filled. At Meadowlark Christian School our staff strive to provide a setting in which students are free to eagerly explore learning through carefully crafted lessons which integrate scriptural and spiritual principles into our delivery of the Alberta Programs of Study.
Our staff recognize the uniqueness of each student and work to ensure each student gets what they need to be successful.
Teachers, support staff and parents work as a team to:
- Integrate scripture and spiritual principles into the delivery of the Alberta Programs of Study.
- Emphasize literacy and numeracy by using research-based instructional strategies to ensure mastery of basic building blocks of reading, writing and mathematics.
- Provide scheduled time for teachers to help students during intervention sessions.
- Individualize instruction as needed to ensure high levels of learning for all students.
- Support the development and appreciation of music in its various forms through a school music program.
- Provide performance opportunities through classroom presentations, sharing work in ceremonies or chapels, as well as school wide musicals.
- Uphold daily class devotions, scripture memory work and weekly chapels.
As a caring community committed to excellence, we value the partnership between home and school. Communication is facilitated through:
- Emails, phone calls and student agendas
- Information posted to EPSB’s secure portal, SchoolZone
- Messages from the MCS Foundation on this website
- Parent-teacher meetings, scheduled or drop-in if available