Divison One (Grades 1 – 3)
For students just embarking on their educational journey, Meadowlark Christian School provides a welcoming introduction to school and the classroom, in a positive and affirming atmosphere. It’s a wonderful place to begin a school career.
Division One students are a joy to work with. At Meadowlark Christian School we strive to provide an atmosphere in which they are content, eager to learn and given access to a wide variety of resources. MCS staff get to know the children one-on-one and are able to respond appropriately to individual needs.
Teachers, staff and parent volunteers work as a team to provide:
- available individualized programs for students with special needs
- a solid music program that provides building blocks for future learning
- full size gymnasium for Physcial Education
- public performance opportunities in the annual musical production
- a safe, clean, positive environment that encourages regular attendance
- an emphasis on literacy, particularly through guided reading
- a setting in which educational goals are pursued in tandem with spiritual values
Communication between the classroom and the home is facilitated by:
- monthly newsletters
- phone calls and personal conversations with parents
- use of student agendas to encourage organization and planning
- participation of students in Division One fundraiser, the MCS Walk-a-thon