Division Two (Grades 4 – 6)
Students moving forward through Meadowlark Christian School learn to apply the fundamental skills they have mastered in earlier grades. Teachers integrate scriptural and spiritual principles as they deliver the Alberta Programs of Study in carefully scaffolded ways to reinforce basic skills and knowledge while promoting a deeper understanding of concepts. Students are encouraged to let their natural curiosity and passion drive them to look at how they can reach further out into the world.
Our staff recognize the uniqueness of each student and that learning occurs at different rates. We work to understand each student to support their individual needs as they grow into capable contributors to our school community.
Teachers, support staff and parents work as a team to:
- Integrate scripture and spiritual principles into the delivery of the Alberta Programs of Study.
- Emphasize literacy and numeracy by using research based instructional strategies to build on the mastery of basic skills by applying learning in new contexts.
- Provide scheduled time for teachers to help students during intervention sessions.
- Support individualized instruction as needed to ensure high levels of learning for all students.
- Support the development and appreciation of music in its various forms through a music program.
- Provide performance opportunities through classroom presentations, sharing work in ceremonies or chapels as well as school wide musicals.
- Uphold daily class devotions, scripture memory work and weekly chapels.
As a caring community committed to excellence, we value the partnership between home and school. Communication is facilitated through:
- Emails, phone calls and student agendas
- Information posted to EPSB’s secure portal, SchoolZone
- Messages from the MCS Foundation on this website
- Parent-teacher meetings, scheduled or drop-in if available